Hedge Trimming Services
A hedge is a tightly planted group of shrubs or plants that are grown together to form a border-like formation.
Hedges can be implemented for a variety of reasons; As a border to hide or replace a fence, as a screen to provide privacy or even just as an aesthetic addition to your property.
Some of the more popular varieties of plants that are used to create hedges are: Duranta, Murraya, Photinia, Virburnum and LillyPilly varieties, with each having their own unique characteristics. Many other varieties of plant species can be used to create a hedge, but these are the most common.
Regular hedge trimming and its importance:
- General Privacy
Some of the things that need to be considered in doing this are:
- The style of trimming to suit your hedges
- The time of year that you decide to trim
- The frequency of trimming required
Formal hedges generally consist of small leaf plant varieties. To achieve the density and sharp lines of a formal hedge, regular trimming is a must to allow promotion of growth to the inside of the hedge. This causes it to direct its energy into fresh new growth, contributing to the plant’s health and appearance. We recommend adopting this process from the initial establishment period of a new hedge.
Regarding informal types of hedges, this is also very beneficial as it can determine the growth and success with flowering of the hedge. This is different for every species.
- A well maintained hedge can add value to your home or property.
- Hedges also grow from the base as well as the foliage, meaning that every couple of years it will need a good cut back if you are trying to maintain a hedge at a certain height.
- It is an idea to trim the sides of the hedge at an angle, so that it’s wider at the bottom and slightly narrower at the top. This way, sunlight can reach the lower branches, which helps the entire hedge grow green and lush. Rather than being sparse toward the bottom.
1300 4 Gardening are fully insured and provide a vast range of hedging services and advice that makes us the ‘leaders in the industry’.
We are specialists in this field from juvenile hedge formations, large established screen plantings, 20 foot high hedges, as well as topiary trees we have got you covered, just let us know what you require. Using the latest tools and technology, we understand the requirements of your hedges and shrubs. We provide a comprehensive service that allows your plantings to flourish and look amazing, all year round.
With years of experience in this field, 1300 4 gardening believes that we can offer some of the most competitive rates around and can tackle even the largest of hedges that others will shy away from.
Call us now on 1300 442 733 or request a FREE QUOTE here..